Quick Start Eco Home Improvements
So you’ve decided you want to do more for the environment.
That’s great. However you got to this point, the world is going to thank you for it. It’s an uphill climb of learning how to make the most of the resources you have available to you, but it’s going to be so worth it.
The best thing about making this change is that you can start making improvements to your consumption of resources pretty much immediately. No slow process, gradually doing your bit – but immediate alterations that you can do (or at the very least, plan for) over the course of a couple of days. While some of these quick start ideas might seem small, it all contributes, and that’s what counts.
So if you want to dive right on into a more ecological life and home, where can you make the changes today?
1) Ditch plastic. Plastic is horribly bad for the environment, both in its production, how it’s a byproduct of the oil industry, and the length of time it takes to biodegrade. Switching your home food storage to glass not only improves your consumption, but it’s also possibly better for your health – did you know some plastics have been proven to contain endocrine-disrupting chemicals?
2) Start composting. Rather than throwing your food waste into the trash, start a separate compost bin which, over time, will produce usable fertilizer for any garden projects. If you don’t have any intention for garden projects, then look at local classifieds – there’s always a nearby gardener who’d be happy to take it off your hands.
3) Look into alternative energy. The less you take from ‘the grid’, the better it is not only for your wallet, but for the future of the planet. Solar panels are a reliable form of energy (solar power is used to power NASA exploratory spacecraft, for example) and it’s relatively simple to find professional solar installers who can affix panels to your home. Generating your own electricity is about as eco as it gets, so start making enquiries ASAP.
4) Cut your paper wastage. We’re so used to having paper whenever we want that we don’t think of how often we use it. Try and cut down on printing, choosing to use email wherever necessary – you can even sign documents online now. You can also contact your utilities and telecoms provider and ask to switch to paperless billing; there’s often a financial incentive for doing so, too.
5) Change your cleaning products. Some of the chemicals that are found in cleaning products have real, detrimental effects on the ecosystem when they are washed into the general supply. There’s something of a perception that eco-friendly cleaning products are not as effective, which is simply not the case. Experiment with different brands until you find something that works for you, or even try homemade cleaning products that can have a powerful impact on your ability to keep your home clean.
http://teacherswithoutborders.org/teach/homework-help-algebra-2/21/ msc dissertation follow thesis statement biography watch viagra use after prostate removal here paper writer services cal state northridge mfa creative writing alcohol y viagra thesis database uva craft your thesis statement prednisone dose pack 10 mg omnivore thesis how to write a statement of educational and career goals buy brand cialis canada hormonal contraception for men viagra enter site https://coveringthecorridor.com/rxonline/honest-place-to-buy-viagra/43/ https://secondhelpingsatlanta.org/buy-essay-online-14392/ usc resume help college essay joke cv writing service us thesis topics related to media see url http://teacherswithoutborders.org/teach/dissertation-writing-services-cost/21/ help with a research paper https://www.sojournercenter.org/finals/narration-example-essay/85/ where to buy writing paper cialis followup january post viagra levitra kullanД±m Еџekli viagra side effects list So now you have some starting points, what’s holding you back?
Tia, and TipsfromTia.com is trying to keep you looking good and
feeling good, from the inside out. If you’ve got a problem or a tip email me! Be sure to Like and share on Facebook or Follow on Twitter or Instagram