How Healthy Lawn and Yard Can Benefit Your Family’s Health
Just as a clean, organized home can give a sense of peace and mental clarity, a well-manicured lawn can also give a welcome visual respite from the chaos around us. It is something we can actually control, and we have ways to take charge of yours.
Your property doesn’t end at your front door. Keeping your home clean and safe is only half the battle. You clean your home because you care about your environment and how it affects your family, but did you know that proper lawn care also promotes family health, and not just physically, but mentally?
Having a yard you can be proud of is a great feeling. And if the lawn for you is green and lush, mowed to the perfect height with one of the best rear engine riding mowers on homemakerguide.com, then you appreciate beauty, symmetry, and outdoor activities. And no one wants to have a picnic or play a game of touch football on an ugly yard.
Improving your life by improving your lawn
There are a few ways that having a well-manicured yard can make your life better, make your families heath better, and even reduce mental strain.
- Outside Play: The act of getting out and running around promotes health in many ways, like increasing stamina and promoting better circulation. For mental health, playing can take your mind off stressors, opening it up to concepts like fun and adventure. Play a sport, run around, or even do some yoga.
- Horticulture: It doesn’t matter what gender you are; we all think flowers are beautiful, and a lawn with flowers feels richer and fuller. The simple act of gardening can be therapeutic. The knowledge that you are giving life to something as small as a seed can add quality to your mental state – a feeling of giving back to nature.
- Environmental impact: Natural grass that is well-cared for does many things to promote environmental health, such as:
- Absorb carbon dioxide, reducing greenhouse gases.
- Putting more oxygen into the world through photosynthesis.
- Filtering groundwater for underground aquifers.
- Purifying the air from pollution.
- Improving soil health and slowing erosion
- Cools the surrounding environment.
- Safety: Intruders look for certain tells that give away the attitude of the homeowner. A lawn without fertilizer is one of them. It shows a lack of caring and commitment, as well as the likelihood that the homeowner is rarely around. A nice, lush yard shows the opposite and is statistically less likely to be targeted.
With enough care and desire, all lawn problems, like all family problems, can be fixed. Putting in the work is the first step, and it can be just the inspiration the rest of your group needs to get up, get out, and do something beyond being sedentary and watching the world pass them by. Has having a well-maintained yard benefited your family?
Tia, and TipsfromTia.com is trying to keep you looking good and
feeling good, from the inside out. If you’ve got a problem or a tip email me! Be sure to Like and share on Facebook or Follow on Twitter or Instagram.
Bio: Archie Adams was a builder for more than 40 years. Mainly after his retirement the enthusiastic electrical works in garden and writes for a blog Homemakerguide.com to keep himself occupied. His many years of experience can get you the right tool reviews whether it is a drill, welding machine or so. An impressive fact to note about him is that almost everything in his house is a representation of his skills made by his hands.