By Guest Blogger Heather R.
Top ways for getting rid of the useless objects during furniture removals
Always after furniture removals or just after a short relocation for the big holidays – there are plenty of useless stuff to get rid of. Take a look at some common ways to do it and some basic steps that you should go through before and after every relocation.
1) Selling old or useless things in newspapers or in some of the greatest online selling platforms. This is the easy way, because you don`t have to leave your home. However, the main disadvantage is that it often requires a lot of time to find the buyer, so you have to do it at least a month before the move. This will give you plenty of time to check out all your possessions and to decide wisely what you really want to take with yourself and what you want to sell.
2) Donate to charity. A cheap and easy way to get rid of the old objects that you don`t want to take with yourself in the new house only to see that you will never use them. There are plenty of things that are suitable for donation, especially the ones in a good condition that you yet don`t want to throw away as a disposal of waste. The donation also adds benefits to your image and to your personality.
3) Donate to friends, neighbors or to second-hand stores. This is one of the best ways to get rid of clothes and shoes, which is usually the main issue after rearranging the wardrobes for furniture removals. It may not be that profitable, than selling online, but it is a much quicker and easier way compared to the online selling platforms.
4) Use recycling services. First, you have to know where is located the nearest recycling center and whether they can recycle the furnishings that you want to get rid of. Some furnishings from natural wood are suitable, while others have to be one – dismantled, and two – with unplugged metal components. Another great opt is to ask your furniture removals company whether they offer recycling services, which can definitely save you time and efforts.
5) Disposal of waste. You can always get rid of the old, bent and broken pieces of furniture by yourself. Although it might be quite a difficult task to handle the big heavy objects, it is often a must-do when moving house.
The main steps that you should go through before making a decision what to do with the useless things, include several highlights to remember. They will make everything easier and quicker, which is a very essential thing when moving furniture or during office removals. Let`s get started with a thorough inspection of your house and make a checklist. Note the items that you really want to take to the new house and thus you will see the exact useless objects. Then, make some basic sorting and de-cluttering to organize everything by some criteria – for example, by the size or by the shape of the object, or by the type of the wooden materials. Take your free time and do it justly while still in the old house. It will save you plenty of time and money if you do it twice, not to mention the efforts for carrying useless objects only to see that you want to get rid of them while unloading the van after the relocation.
Tia, and TipsfromTia.com is trying to keep you looking good and
feeling good, from the inside out. If you’ve got a problem or a tip email me! Be sure to Like and share on Facebook or Follow on Twitter or Instagram.