By Guest Blogger Paula R.
All You Need To Know About How To Fix Dry Scalp
What should we do when a sudden outbreak of white flake and intolerable itchiness happen to your scalp? Most people give no second thoughts that it must be dandruff, and go straight online for the best anti-dandruff shampoo. However, there is another quite similar condition that people are often confused with dandruff, which is the dry scalp.
In this article, I want to share with you the difference between these two conditions and how to fix dry scalp for good.
How can you tell what the problem with your hair is?
Dandruff is usually present throughout the year. Meanwhile, dry scalp appears when the weather is dry and cold. The difference in temperature will make the scalp difficult to regulate and maintain moisture.
Dry scabs are usually smaller than dandruff scabs, but its irritability is no less than that of dandruff. Sufferers might also feel that their scalp is severely stretched if they could not fix dry scalp conditions sooner.
What are the causes of the dry scalp?
In ordinary people, the scalp will remove 30,000 to 40,000 dead skin cells a day. The sebaceous glands cannot produce enough sebum to supply the skin and hair is the direct cause of dry scalp. These factors might result in the inhibition of oil production for the hair:
- Exposure to dirty water
- Poor diet
- Hair damage by the weather, especially in the winter
- Misuse of cosmetics and gels for styling
- Inappropriate hair care and treatment
How to fix dry scalp completely
The first step to taking care of dry scalp is to avoid the above and change some of your hair care habits.
1. Use moisturizing oil with natural ingredients
You need to find out the oil and choose the right shampoo. It is best to choose products with natural ingredients and moisturizing effect, which will prevent your hair from drying longer. You can also use a moisturizing cream for your hair. You should use cold water to wash your hair because hot water will make your hair even drier.
2. Avoid hair styling products
Products containing perfume or alcohol can lead to dry scalp. But the most important thing is that you do not give up the habit of using gels, hair sprays or styling creams as they can dry your hair.
3. Use pure essential oils (2-3 times a week)
Coconut oil is always a good candidate for dry hair care, as well as a comprehensive moisturizer for both skin and hair. You can apply coconut oil directly to your hair and scalp, massaging it gently so that the oil is completely absorbed.
Use a soft towel soaked in coconut oil for the hair in an hour. This way also stimulates hair growth. Also, you can combine olive oil with coconut oil to achieve better results.
Moreover, lavender essential oil can moisturize the scalp and hair, helping to increase the elasticity and health of the hair.
4. How to fix dry scalp with natural hair mask
Lemon juice and olive oil
- A teaspoon of lemon juice
- Half a cup of small olive oil
- Wash your hair thoroughly then pat dry it
- Apply this mixture to your hair, massaging it gently. After that, wrap the hair with a large towel or a hood for about 30 minutes and then wash with warm water.
- For this method, lemon juice works to remove dandruff. Olive oil nourishes the hair from the inside. Use olive oil with lemon hair should only apply every two weeks, should not be too much abuse. Using the hair styling with olive oil, we can also cycle with a hair treatment method with the following olive oil.
When using olive oil, the natural ingredients available in olive oil such as vitamins A, D, E and especially the antioxidants will cleanse dandruff, itching, moisturizing the hair, helping the hair nourishes the scalp deeply from within, smoothing shimmy hair very quickly.
Honey and Olive Oil
- Half a cup of olive oil
- Two teaspoons of honey
- Pour this mixture and beat them up.
- Firstly, apply this mixture to the hair right after washing then gently massage the scalp for 3 to 5 minutes. After that make an incubation of hair with a towel to create heat, moisten the deeper, you can also use the hair dryer to create heat outside the towel offline. After 15 – 20 minutes, wash your hair with lukewarm water.
Use this method every two weeks to fix dry scalp and alleviate the itchiness.
Eggs and yogurt
- 1 egg
- Two tablespoons of honey
- Four tablespoons of yogurt
- A tablespoon of almond oil
Mix this mixture and apply it to your hair and scalp. Eggs are rich in protein and yogurt is a natural moisturizer. Apply this hair mask once a week for the best results.
The best way to fix dry scalp
Finally, it is always better to keep your scalp stay hydrated rather than struggling with how to fix dry scalp when it happens. These are useful pieces of advice for healthy scalp and hair.
- Protect your hair from the sun: Contamination with ultraviolet radiation is one of the causes of dry hair, so you should carefully cover your hair when out.
- Drink plenty of water: You need to consume 2 to 3 liters of water a day, drink plenty early in the morning and less in the evening. Also, remember to avoid alcohol and coffee.
- Prepare a nutritious diet: Your diet should be diverse with foods such as nuts, eggs, dairy products, and soya, etc. These foods provide iron, zinc, vitamin, omega-3 for a healthy scalp.
Tia, and TipsfromTia.com is trying to keep you looking good and
feeling good, from the inside out. If you’ve got a problem or a tip email me! Be sure to Like and share on Facebook or Follow on Twitter or Instagram.