Embrace Your Individuality In Your Kitchen
We all love a beautiful kitchen. When you go to buy a house for the first time, it’s one of the first rooms that seals the deal for you. The kitchen is the hub of the home and a space you need to stand out so that you can impress your guests. It’s also the space you may use to do most of your entertaining.
The kitchen is one of the rooms that is most renovated in the home. Sometimes it’s down to the fact it needs a refit, but others it’s purely for decorative purposes. Kitchens are built boring – it’s just a simple truth. They’re so uniform in their looks that it’s easy to just move in with a space that is done for you with cupboards and cabinets already installed. Customising your kitchen to make it look a little different isn’t a cheap job, but you can make your kitchen look fantastically expensive with just a few tweaks.
- Start with your layout. Your kitchen has to work for you as you will be the one using it the most. You need to make sure the distance between the sink, the stove and the refrigerator are as short as possible and make sure that you choose counters that are the right height for all who will be using them. If you’re not a fan of kitchen countertops, why not choose a kitchen island instead?
- Don’t forget your sink. Most sinks are built-in to cabinets and are under the kitchen window. You can place your sink anywhere you like but if you want to be truly different, why not go for a free standing kitchen sink cabinet? You can really put a touch of originality into your kitchen simply by going for a freestanding unit instead of a built-in one.
- Remember that the kitchen backsplash is important, but know when to splurge your dosh. Your kitchen backsplash is the exact place you want to spend your money. Kitchens are visually exciting, and you need to ensure that your backsplash fits the bill. Express your style, express your personality and make them unique to you!
- Lights matter! Most kitchens are pre-installed with those horrible strip lights that make you look like the walking dead. Swap these out for a feature light like a chandelier or a set of spotlights, and install a dimmer switch. Sometimes you need a bright, slightly harsh light so you can see what you are cooking. Other times, you want softer lighting so you can enjoy a meal. It’s all about ambience.
- Always think long term when you design your kitchen. Think about the design down to your faucets so that you can have a kitchen that will last you through time. Well, until the next time you decide to redesign it.
Your kitchen is your social space to entertain and you want it to look as luxurious as possible without spending through the roof to do it. Have fun designing your kitchen – it’s yours to transform as you see fit.
Tia, and TipsfromTia.com is trying to keep you looking good and
feeling good, from the inside out. If you’ve got a problem or a tip email me! Be sure to Like and share on Facebook or Follow on Twitter or Instagram